Application Checklist: Graduate Reading Endorsement Program
- Application Form: [online only]: Complete and submit the online application.
- Christian Leader Reference [online | pdf] - Have a pastor or other church leader within the church you attend who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete this form. The recommender must have known you for at least six months and must not be related to you.
If you are not able to obtain a recommendation from either a pastor or other lay-leader at the church you attend, you may opt to have a spiritual leader of another church or Christian organization complete this form. You may be required to give an explanation of why you were unable to have this form completed by someone from your home church. (Note: Absence of a signature on the waiver statement presumes that the student voluntarily waives his/her right to inspect the completed document.)
- Professional Recommendation [online | pdf] - If you are a current undergraduate student or recent graduate, please have a current or former professor complete and return the recommendation. Otherwise, have someone you work with or who knows you professionally complete and return this form. Note: The professional recommendation should evaluate your capacity to undertake a rigorous academic program, as well as address your leadership ability. The person making the recommendation should have knowledge of the requirements of graduate-level work. Recommendations from personal friends or family members will not be accepted.
- Transcripts - Transcripts received for admission review must be official and from a regionally accredited or otherwise approved university. Applicants are required to submit official college transcripts from all postsecondary institutions in which the student has enrolled, even if no credit was earned. The degree-granting institution should also indicate the degree conferred and the date granted. If a graduate applicant is currently completing a baccalaureate degree during the admission review, conditional admission may be granted until the final official degree-granting transcript is received.
- Applicants must have a current Ohio educator license.
- Prerequisites will be assessed during the review process using transcripts submitted. If it is determined that you need to fulfill a prerequisite course, you will need to do so as part of your progression in the program and will be conditionally admitted.
- Applicants who hold the Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA), multi-age, or career technical license must have completed a prerequisite of nine credit hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading coursework before being admitted as well as a course in phonics.
- All other applicants must have completed the prerequisite 12 semester credit hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading sequence coursework before being admitted which includes one phonics course.
- Writing Sample: Provide an essay of your testimony of faith along with your educational and professional goals:
- Your writing sample should address your specific professional plans and career objectives.
- You should view this essay as an opportunity to analyze past professional developments and consider future contributions as a result of graduate education.
- Computer Proficiency: Basic skills in the areas of email, Internet searches, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- If you are concerned about your level of computer skills, please discuss any questions you may have with your admissions counselor.
- International Students - Additional information and requirements for international students are available here.
251 N. Main St.
Cedarville, OH 45314
Phone Number: 1-800-CEDARVILLE
Fax Number: 937-766-7575
We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary documents required to complete your application. Your application will be processed and reviewed by University Admissions as soon as all of the materials are received..
In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the admissions decision. However, some applications may need extended time for review or follow-up. If you have not heard within 30 days of submitting all the necessary documents, please contact us.