Intramural Co-Rec Volleyball
- Registration Dates: September 5–11
- Play Begins: September 20
- Format: All teams will play 3-5 round robin games first with the top teams entering a combined single elimination tournament to determine the overall championship team.
- Number of players per team: Minimum - 6, Maximum - 12, During Play – 6 (3 men & 3
- Teams must have at least 4 players on the court to start, or continue a match, but not more than 6. Teams may never have more men on the court than women.
- Legal number of players would include: 3 men & 3 women, 2 men and 3 women, and 2 men & 2 women.
- No more than two ex-varsity, JV or club players on any one team.* See below or Handbook for more details.
- Officials: Officials will NOT be used during pool play but may be added for playoff matches
- Divisions: A (Higher skill) & B (Average skill and below)
Scheduling: When signing up a team, please indicate your team’s top three playing days and times as well as your team’s conflicts. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to play at your most preferred day/time.
|Division||Playing Days||Playing Times|
Policy on varsity and JV restrictions:
- A student who is a member of any intercollegiate varsity athletic team, or who is red-shirting for a varsity team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of a varsity team and has been declared academically ineligible, or is working out (practicing) with a varsity team and continues to do so past that team’s first regular season game (including transfer students), is not eligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the academic year in which they are so listed.
- A student who is a member of any junior varsity (JV) intercollegiate athletic team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of a JV team and has been declared academically ineligible, or is working out (practicing) with a JV team and continues to do so past that teams first regular season game (including transfer students), is ineligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the semester in which they are so listed. Once a player finishes his JV season in the fall (i.e. basketball, volleyball, soccer) and does not move up to the varsity squad, he/she may participate in the same or similar intramural sport the following semester (spring).
- Former intercollegiate Varsity athletes may participate the year following their intercollegiate involvement.
- Students who are a members of a CU club team may participate in the same or similar sport the same semester as their club participation. There will be limitations though as to the number of current and past club team members on any one intramural sport team.
- Any one intramural team is limited to the following number of former * varsity players, JV players and club team members (current and past): Volleyball & wallyball - 2
* Players who were considered "starters" and started at least half of the games on a varsity team will count as two ex players.