Resident Assistant Application Information
Thank you for your interest in being an RA for the 2017-2018 school year. We are already praying that God would bring excellent RAs into our residence halls next year. If you would like to apply to be an RA please:
- Fill out an online application.
- After submitting your application, email a copy of your most recent resume to the RD of your first choice dorm in PDF format.
- After submitting your application, email your roommate and your current RA a link to the RA reference for them to fill out on your behalf, mentioning what dorm you've applied to.
Be sure to complete your application by January 27 at 5pm when the application will close. Candidates can expect the following time line for the rest of the RA Hiring process:
- February 1: Applicants notified if they are invited to Group Interviews by RD
- February 4: Group interviews (9am - 1pm)
- February 6-8: Applicants notified if they receive an individual interview by an RD
- February 6-17: Individual interview period
- March 1: Final decisions announced
Living on campus in a residence hall is one of the most influential parts of your Cedarville experience. More than 80 percent of our undergraduate students live on campus. The remaining percentage includes students who live locally and commute from home, juniors and seniors who receive special permission to live off campus, and students over the age of 25.
Leadership is provided to each residence hall by the residence hall staff that includes a full-time staff member who serves as a resident director (RD) and student resident assistants (RA). These residence life staff members serve as role models and provide a sense of accountability to the lifestyle standards of the University. They are responsible for maintaining an atmosphere that supports success and is conducive to spiritual, academic, and social growth.
In addition to the Cedarville Covenant and the Community Lifestyle Guidelines, students who live on campus are responsible to abide by the Residence Hall Guidelines, which help create the desired atmosphere for student growth and success.
Living on campus provides an environment to help you internalize Cedarville's core values. The conversations that flow from living together allow students to apply the principles of loving God and others. Our desire is that your experiences outside of the classroom help to shape the way you think about and live out the Gospel in your everyday life.
Tour Residence Halls