May 4, 2016
Is your admitted student ready to choose a Cedarville residence hall and select a roommate? We’ve made it easy!
Your student’s personalized portal My.Cedarville.edu has all the resources he or she will need to easily transition from home to a residence hall room on campus. Students can visit My.Cedarville.edu today to:
- Get to know their future classmates through the Cedarville 2016-17 Facebook group
- Find a roommate with RoomSync, roommate-matching software that compares your student's likes and dislikes with other new students
- Reference the Timeline for Campus Housing Selection to find out when your student will be granted access to the housing selection system. Students’ access is based on when they made their reservation deposit.
We've also added a brand-new resource: virtual 360-degree tours of every residence hall option!
With a Cedarville student as your guide, you can tour each dorm and see the lounge, laundry facilities, bathrooms, and a student room. Choose either the women's or men's residence halls, and begin your tour now!
If you have any questions about the housing selection process, contact us at 1-800-CEDARVILLE. Your student’s admissions counselor will be happy to help!
May 1, 2016
Along with our admissions and financial aid teams, I have enjoyed communicating with ParentPrep subscribers this year as you have considered Cedarville University.
Today is May 1 - the National College Decision Day! We are so thankful for the number of students who have already confirmed their plans to be at Cedarville in August. Here are the top reasons students and parents give for their choice:
- Christ-centered focus: It's not just a buzzword here; it's intentionally part of every aspect of classes, residence life, activities, and ministries.
- Academic reputation: We have the in-demand majors students want, and our grads are excelling at places like Harvard, NASA, and Procter & Gamble (just to name a few). Cedarville doesn't just "talk" about quality. It is validated by national surveys, college rankings, job and graduate school placement data, competition results, and test scores.
- Outstanding value: The rigorous academic experience is life-changing, costs and scholarships are competitive, and Cedarville is worth the investment.
If this is what you desire for your student, I encourage you to take that next step by faith and submit a reservation deposit today. I do not believe you will ever regret that decision.
For those who are still finalizing this decision as a family, you may reach me personally today at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be a privilege to serve you.
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
P.S. To ensure your student's place in the fall class, submit the $250 deposit today!
April 29, 2016
It is hard to believe, but May 1 is upon us! The reservation deposit is due on Sunday.
If your student has been admitted to Cedarville but has not yet submitted the reservation deposit, now is the time to take that next step by faith, affirm your college choice, and start what will be an amazing academic journey!
Plan to submit the deposit this weekend to ensure your student's place at Cedarville in the fall. Note that deposits may be paid after May 1, but if the class is full, a place cannot be guaranteed.
We hope Cedarville University is your student's choice, but wherever God leads, we wish your family HIS very best!
April 27, 2016
As high school seniors and their parents sit down to finalize a college decision before the May 1 deadline, one topic is nearly always part of the discussion: cost.
While many universities — including Cedarville — are taking intentional steps to make a college education more affordable, parents are increasingly looking at job placement rates in order to weigh an institution’s benefits against its costs in an effort to decide whether or not a considerable investment is worthwhile.
Cedarville's placement rates continue to be impressive. In a six-month post-graduation final destination survey, 97.2% of Cedarville's class of 2015 reported being employed or in graduate school during that time period. That's well above the national averages reported by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, which has reported an average of 88% over the last five years.
But don't just take our word for it. Read today's post and you'll hear what parents are saying about their children's experience at Cedarville, and why they think Cedarville is worth the investment.
P.S. If your student has been accepted to Cedarville for fall 2016, be sure to submit your $250 reservation deposit by May 1 to ensure a place in the incoming class.
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10