About the Bachelor of Arts in Global Business Degree offered by the Robert W. Plaster School of Business
Why Study Global Business at Cedarville?
The future of business is global, and Cedarville’s distinctly Christian global business major can help you take your place in the global marketplace. You will be equipped to serve customers in international markets as well to expand a local business globally. By combining business skill with a global perspective, you will graduate with an advantage in today’s tough job market. But more than just preparing you for a global career, your Cedarville global business degree will prepare you to make a Gospel impact through your vocation, wherever God leads you.Request Info Visit
What Sets Cedarville Apart?
Biblical WorldviewThe Bible is the authority for research and study in every class you'll take.
Mentoring Christian FacultyYou'll be taught by highly-credentialed professors who want you to succeed.
Top Placement RatesOur graduates achieve top career and grad school placement rates — 10% above the national average.
Biblical Integration – You will study biblical principles of excellence, stewardship, and servant leadership and use them to evaluate cultural values.
Geographic Focus Area – Choose Asia, Middle East, Latin, or Western Europe as your geographic area of focus.
Business Discipline Specialization – Customize your degree by choosing a business discipline specialization: accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information technology management, marketing, or sport management.
Cultural Immersion – You will expand your language skills and cultural knowledge through a required study abroad experience.
We’re proud of our successful graduates! 96.9% of recent graduates from the Robert W. Plaster School of Business were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
What Can You Do with a B.A. in Global Business?
You will find many career opportunities in international business. Your bachelor’s degree in global business could lead you to exciting careers such as:
- Business as Mission (BAM) Start-up
- Global Financial Analyst
- International Human Resource Specialist
- International Sales and Marketing
- International Supply Chain Manager
- Multinational Enterprise (MNE)
Our global business program graduates have followed many opportunities including companies with global operations, business as missions, nongovernmental organizations (NGO), and local firms. Our graduates are working at many privately owned companies and large banking institutions as well as attending respected graduate studies, including law school.
Opportunities to Learn Outside the Classroom
Study Abroad required experience will expand your cultural knowledge and improve your language skills as you fully immerse yourself in a different culture. Most students choose from one of the following opportunities:
- Semester in Spain – Spend a semester in Valencia, Spain, fully immersed in the culture as you study. You’ll travel throughout Spain and other parts of Europe.
- International Business Institute (IBI) – IBI is 10-week, 12-credit-hour academic summer program that offers a life-changing experience in business and culture as you visit Europe, Russia, India, and China. The program includes periods of study in the morning, followed by visits to major companies and cultural sites in the afternoons.
- Council for International Education Exchange (CIEE) – CIEE offers study abroad programs in more than 40 countries and more than 150 subject areas.
- Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA) – CEA provides international education opportunities for students who are interested in exploring global issues abroad.
Internships with nonprofit or missions organizations — such as HOPE International or Samaritan’s Purse – will give you real-world experience globally.
Enhance your global business degree by participating in one of Cedarville’s exciting study abroad opportunities. You’ll experience different cultures and begin to understand your place in the world.
Student Organizations – You can participate in student or professional organizations that will complement your global business coursework:
- Financing Hope – Dedicated to the promotion of inner city projects and international Business As Mission. Main project is the SafeHarbor House in Springfield, Ohio, working with women at risk. International projects in India with microfinance.
- French Club – The French Club meets regularly at la Table de Français to practice speaking French outside the classroom. They also participate in culturally relevant activities, such as visiting a French-speaking church in Columbus, participating in French dinners, and fellowship and worship in French.
- German Club – Promotes the use of the German language and increases the knowledge and appreciation of German culture to advance awareness of missions.
- International Justice Mission – International Justice Mission (IJM) promotes awareness on campus about issues of injustice around the globe, particularly those issues addressed by the International Justice Mission based in Washington, D.C
- Model United Nations – Cedarville’s Model United Nations team helps prepare future delegates through intense collaboration and negotiation at regional and national competitions, during which delegates represent the foreign policy of other countries.
- Spanish Club – The Spanish Club meets regularly to practice conversational Spanish. They participate in cultural activities, including ministry to local Hispanic churches, and host an annual Noche de Alabanza open to the entire student body.
- Enactus – Enactus is an organization that provides our students the opportunity to make a difference, develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills through learning, practicing, and teaching the principles of free enterprise.
- Student Leadership Team (SLT) The SLT serves the Robert W. Plaster School of Business by building community among students and faculty, fostering relationships, and planning and executing events and programs.
- Women in Business Women in Business is an organization dedicated to helping women in professions learn more about reaching goals in careers, at home, and in service.
Building on your core liberal arts and Bible minor courses, you will take core global studies and global business courses as well as courses in your chosen geographic focus area and business discipline specialization.Sample courses:
- Global Issues
- International Business
Program Format and Related Programs
Cedarville offers both graduate and undergraduate programs, with flexible completion options. You may also want to consider these related programs as you consider the degree or program that is a best fit for you.
From Our Students:
When Stuart Li enrolled at Cedarville University, he had his career path laid out in his mind. He was going to be a leader in the financial sector, helping others effectively manage their money and build a nice nest egg for himself.
Alayna Ackley’s “Encore” workout game earned first prize of $1,000.