About the Certificate in Medical Spanish
Why Pursue a Medical Spanish Certificate at Cedarville?
With a Certificate in Medical Spanish from Cedarville University, you will be able to demonstrate to potential employers that you have attained an advanced level of fluency in spoken Spanish, as well as a broad understanding of Hispanic cultural practices and beliefs related to healthcare. You will also be able to integrate your linguistic and cultural skills into the knowledge and skills related to your intended profession in the healthcare field.
Consider These Majors — Students pursuing a Certificate in Medical Spanish may consider these majors:
- Allied Health
- Athletic Training
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Prehealth Professions
- Premedical Biology
- Premedical Chemistry
- Certificate includes 22 credit hours of undergraduate coursework
- You must achieve a rating of Advanced Low on the ACTFL Oral Proficiency exam as well as a positive evaluation from supervisor of clinical experience
- You will have clinical experience opportunities in local Hispanic clinics as well as through medical missions trips
- If you have a strong Spanish background, you may be able to earn credit for Intermediate Spanish I and II through CLEP exams
- You may choose to take an optional Spanish for Medical Professionals course in Spain
- Advanced Medical Spanish
- Spanish Clinical Experience for HCP
Program Format and Related Programs
Cedarville offers both graduate and undergraduate programs, with flexible completion options. You may also want to consider these related programs as you consider the degree or program that is a best fit for you.