Jonathan Arnold, D.Phil.
Dr. Jonathan Arnold came to Cedarville in August 2022 after serving for a decade in various administrative and faculty positions at several institutions of Christian higher education. His research interests include the theology of the early modern era of the Trans-Atlantic world, the history of education and educational theory, and the spiritual formation of the church. He serves on the steering committee for the Scripture in the University Seminar, the Innovative Pedagogy cohort of the IACE, and the Innovative Pedagogy Hub of the Kirby-Laing Centre for Public Theology in Cambridge.
Education and Credentials
- D.Phil. in Ecclesiastical History, University of Oxford
- M.St. in Historiography, University of Oxford
- Th.M. in Systematic Theology and Pastoral Leadership, Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A. in Psychology, The University of the South
- The Reformed Theology of Benjamin Keach (Centre for Baptist Studies, Oxford)
- General Editor of The Augustine Collegiate Review
- The Universal Tradition and the Clear Meaning of Scripture (Perichoresis)
- Historical Theology (in A Theological Handbook for the People of God)
- Early modern England
- 17th Century Baptists
- Historical Theology
- Chung Do Kwan Taekwondo
- OCR races
- Watching almost any sporting event and playing some
My passion is to help believers engage their culture from a biblically and theologically sound and historically Christian perspective in order to bring the Gospel to bear on all aspects of life. I can think of no better place to do that than a deeply confessional, profoundly Christian institution of higher education like Cedarville.