Randy McKinion, PhDAssociate Dean, SBTS; Professor of Old Testament
Dr. Randy McKinion's academic preparation focused on the study of the Pentateuch and particularly the study of biblical narrative in the story of Joseph. His interests have also expanded to intertextuality in and among the prophets. Dr. McKinion desires to help the Church teach the Old Testament more effectively and faithfully. He is an active member of the Evangelical Theological Society and has been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses for 12 years.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Biblical Studies, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., The Master's Seminary
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of South Alabama
- An Analysis of a Compositional Approach to Biblical Narrative (Genesis 37) (Randall L McKinion) Faculty Dissertations (2006)
- Grammar of Biblical Hebrew (Wolfgang Schneider and Randall L McKinion) Faculty Books (2016)
- Book Review: Wrestling with Isaiah (Randall L McKinion) The Christian Librarian (2018)
- In Persecution, the Church Speaks in the Power of the Spirit (Randall L McKinion) 2016 Crossroads Fellowship Conference (2016)
- Telling the 'Story' of the Old Testament (Randall L McKinion) OARB's Church Ministries Conference (2016)
- Favorite places to visit: Alabama, anywhere where there are mountains
- Hobbies: guitar, projects around the house, kids' sports
- Why Cedarville: I believe that Cedarville prepares students for a life spent glorifying God with their vocations and within the church. I am excited about playing a part in this excellent work.