Nick Carrington, M.A.Assistant Professor of Professional Writing
Nick Carrington has been teaching at Cedarville in the Professional Writing and Information Design program since 2012. He has worked in editing and instructional design while also writing about his beloved Cincinnati Reds online. His research interests include content strategy for the web, user experience, professional writing pedagogy, and editing. He was a finalist for the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools Excellence in Teaching award at the master's level in 2012 while at Missouri State University.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in Professional Writing, Missouri State University
- B.A. in Technical and Professional Communication, Cedarville University
- Content Strategy as a New Field for Technical and Professional Writers (Nicholas A. Carrington) 13th Annual Society for Technical Communication Regional Student Conference (2015)
- Using the Introductory Tech Comm Class to Help Students Explore Writing Careers (Nicholas A. Carrington) 11th Annual Society for Technical Communication Workshop for Teachers of Technical Writing (2015)
- Redefining and Rebranding an Effective Program (Nicholas A. Carrington) Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication Annual Conference (2014)
- Teaching Technical Communication Tools without Letting Them Take Over the Class (Nicholas A. Carrington) Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication Annual Conference (2013)
- Finding the Right Job: Why You Have More Options Than You Think (Nicholas A. Carrington) 12th Annual Society for Technical Communication Regional Student Conference at Missouri State University (2014)
- Dates with my wife
- Playing with my son
- The Cincinnati Reds
- Playing guitar
- Skyline Chili
- Why Cedarville: I enjoy working at Cedarville because I believe we are committed to preparing students for life-long ministry in whatever field they enter. I love my colleagues and the sense of community that Cedarville offers.