Nick Carrington, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Communication
Dr. Nick Carrington has been teaching in the Professional Writing and Information Design program since 2012. He has worked as an editor for the Early Pregnancy Loss Association, written for various publications, and is currently doing editorial work for Innovo Publishing and the Christian Publishing Portal. His research interests include writing in creative forms, content strategy for the web, user experience, and editing.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Technical Communication and Rhetoric, Texas Tech University
- M.A. in Writing, Missouri State University
- B.A. in Professional Writing and Information Design, Cedarville University
- Content Strategy as a New Field for Technical and Professional Writers (Nicholas A. Carrington) 13th Annual Society for Technical Communication Regional Student Conference (2015)
- Using the Introductory Tech Comm Class to Help Students Explore Writing Careers (Nicholas A. Carrington) 11th Annual Society for Technical Communication Workshop for Teachers of Technical Writing (2015)
- Redefining and Rebranding an Effective Program (Nicholas A. Carrington) Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication Annual Conference (2014)
- Teaching Technical Communication Tools without Letting Them Take Over the Class (Nicholas A. Carrington) Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication Annual Conference (2013)
- Finding the Right Job: Why You Have More Options Than You Think (Nicholas A. Carrington) 12th Annual Society for Technical Communication Regional Student Conference at Missouri State University (2014)
- Dates with my wife
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville is a special community that develops the whole person. We want our students to serve in lifelong ministry regardless of their vocation, but we also want to see them become godly men and women. Our commitment to Christ makes it easy to work here.