Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Lyle Anderson, Ph.D.Senior Professor of Music; Director of Concert Chorale and Men's Glee Club
Dr. Anderson serves as coordinator of choral studies and conducts the Concert Chorale, Men’s Glee Club, and Vocal Arts Ensemble. He is an authority on choral conducting and theory pedagogy and is active as a choral clinician and guest conductor throughout the Midwest. Since 1970, Dr. Anderson has led 13 overseas missions ministries and 60 concert tours. He is a member of the American Choral Directors Association and the National Association for Music Education. In 1999, Dr. Anderson was honored as Cedarville University’s faculty member of the year.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- M.A., The Ohio State University
- B.M.E., Cedarville College
- Motivic and Thematic Transformation in Selected Works of Liszt (Lyle J. Anderson) Faculty Dissertations (1977)
- Music Worship: An Exercise in Giving (Lyle J. Anderson) Koinonia (1995)
- Music, Homemade and Family Style (Lyle J. Anderson) Torch (1981)
- Am I a Soldier of the Cross (Lyle J. Anderson) Music and Worship Faculty Compositions (2012)
- Lyle J. Anderson: Faith-Music-Ministry (Lyle J. Anderson) The Dr. J. Murray Murdoch Legacy Lecture Series (2013)
- Interests: Family activities, music conferences, concerts, musical theatre, reading, OSU and Colts football, travel
- Favorite Places to Visit: Europe, Asia, the Baltic, Colorado, Florida, anywhere near lakes, rivers, or oceans
- Why Cedarville: The Lord graciously provided a teaching position here two weeks after my graduation from Cedarville. It has been exciting and humbling to see God's marvelous blessing over the past five decades. The supremacy of the Word of God is evident in every facet of the University, and I am grateful for the opportunity to journey together with outstanding Christian students.