Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Sandy Yang, Ph.D.Professor of Music History
Dr. Yang taught in the Departments of Music and History at California State Polytechnic University in Pomona, California before coming to Cedarville in 2009. She is actively involved in the College Music Society and the American Musicological Society, regularly presenting current research. She serves on the Pedagogy Study Group of the American Musicological Society and has been actively promoting music history pedagogy through National Music History Day and the National Conference on Undergraduate Research. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Musical Offerings and frequently serves as a peer reviewer for journals in her field. Dr. Yang specializes in pedagogy, online learning, and 20th century French music history.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Musicology, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A. in Musicology, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. in Geography, University of California, Los Angeles
- The Frog Prince (Sandra S. Yang and Steven Winteregg) Faculty Books (2017)
- Sound Tracks: The Migration of European Composers during World War II (Sandra S. Yang) Music and Worship Faculty Publications (2011)
- Darius Milhaud (Sandra S Yang) Musicians and Composers of the 20th Century (2009)
- Perspectives from the Outside: The Value of Cross-disciplinary Team Teaching (Sandra S. Yang) College Music Symposium (2018)
- A Comparison of University Student Perceptions and Success Learning Music Online and Face-to-face (Agi Horspool and Sandra S Yang) Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (2010)
- Serving the church
- Dinner fellowships