- Program Information
- Contact Us
- Student Resources
- Student Testimonies
- Dr. O'Neel's Blog
- Worship Camp
- Department of Music and Worship
- Resonance Worship Bands
- Rekindle Worship Bands
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Roger O'Neel, PhDProfessor of Worship; Director - Worship Program; Assistant Chair - Worship
Dr. O'Neel serves as Professor of Worship. He has served for over 30 years as a full-time and part-time minister for worship and has a wealth of experience and knowledge in all aspects of traditional and contemporary worship. He received his Ph.D. in Music Theory from the University of Texas at Austin in 1996 and has been at Cedarville University since 2002. Having begun the worship program at Cedarville in 2008, Dr. O’Neel has served as its director and assistant chair. In addition, he also directs Jubilate and teaches worship leadership and contemporary musicianship classes.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Music Theory, University of Texas at Austin
- M.M. in Music Theory, Southern Methodist University
- M.M. in Choral Conducting, Southern Methodist University
- B.M. in Music Theory and Composition, Ouachita Baptist University
- Training the Next Generation of Worship Leaders, Jan. 2023, Music Houston, Houston, TX
- The Flow of a Worship Service, Sept. 2022, Experience Conference, Orlando, FL
- Worship and Culture, July 2021, National Worship Leader's Conference, Nashville, TN
- Overcoming Blah, Blah, Blah: Creativity in Worship, July 2021, National Worship Leader's Conference, Nashville, TN
- Creating Leadership Opportunities in Worship Study Programs, June 2020, Worship Curriculum Workshop, Online
Worship Leadership, Music Theory, Conducting
Dr. O'Neel likes to travel, particularly to warm places with great water for snorkeling.
My wife and I watched the Cedarville promotional video and were moved by the mission and vision. It has been a joy to work at a place where expressing your faith is not only encouraged, it is expected, and I love pouring into the lives of my students. Our six children have gone to school here and have greatly enjoyed their experience.