Cliff Fawcett, M.S.N., M.Ed., RN, APRN, FNP-CCoordinator of the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus area, Assistant Professor of Nursing
Professor Cliff Fawcett is an experienced advanced practice nurse, having practiced as a nurse practitioner for over 20 years. He practiced for 15 years in Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics and most recently, more than five years in Family Practice.
Selected Scholarly Activities
Committee member The Ohio High School Athletic Association Pre-Participation Examination Form and Mild-Traumatic Brain Injury self-report with High School Football Athletes: A descriptive correlational study. Lead author: Hillary Willets 11/2013.
Committee member Perceived benefits and barriers of exercise in college age students before and after participating in regular exercise compared to a cohort group Lead Author: Abby Pippin 8/2013
Led medical missions trip to Lima, Peru Summer 2013
Leadership team for college ministry at Grace Baptist Church, Cedarville, Ohio
Camp nurse for New Life Island Baptist Camp, Frenchtown, New Jersey
Education and Credentials
- D.N.P., University of Toledo
- M.S.N. (FNP), University of Delaware
- M.Ed., Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, University of Virginia
- B.S.N., Cedarville University
- Functional Outcome Following ACL Reconstruction in Patients Aged 50 and Over (Clifford W. Fawcett) American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting (2006)
- Thermal Modification of Partial Tears of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (D. S. Lamar, A. R. Bartolozzi, K. B. Freedman, et al.) Arthroscopy: The Journal Of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery (2005)
- Joint Injection for the Advanced Practice Nurse (Clifford W. Fawcett) Ohio Association of Advanced Pediatric Nurses (OAAPN) (2016)
- Radiology for the Nurse Practitioner (Clifford W. Fawcett) Annual Statewide Meeting of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (OAAPN) (2013)
- Thermal shrinkage of partial tears of the ACL. (Freedman, K., Bartolozzi, A.R., Lamar, D., & Fawcett, C.W.) Presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Seattle, WA. (2001l)
- Hobbies: Canoeing and kayaking, outdoor activities, motorsports
- Why Cedarville?: Cedarville has a unique mix of excellence and commitment to biblical integration. There isn't another school like it. The School of Nursing is committed to preparing students to use nursing as a ministry for Jesus Christ.