Nate Hnatiuk, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Chemistry
BiographyDr. Hnatiuk is a synthetic organic chemist who has taught chemistry at Cedarville University since 2008. His current research interests focus on the synthesis of Pd-Ib, a natural product with therapeutic properties for irritable bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn’s disease.
Education and Credentials
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, University of Connecticut
- B.S. in Chemistry, Houghton College
- Part 1: Synthesis of Psico-nucleoside Analogs of Oxetanocin A. Part 2: Synthesis of Alpha-glycosphingolipids for in Vivo Studies and Purity Determination (Nathan E. Hnatiuk) Faculty Dissertations (2010)
- E-Cig "Juice" Could Pose Danger (Nathan E. Hnatiuk) Science and Mathematics Faculty Contributions to the Popular Press (2016)
- Layered ±-Zirconium Phosphates and Phosphonates (C. V. Kumar, A. Bhambhani and Nathan E. Hnatiuk) Science and Mathematics Faculty Publications (2004)
- Access to Oxetane-containing psico-Nucleosides from 2-Methyleneoxetanes: A Role for Neighboring Group Participation? (Yanke Liang, Nathan E. Hnatiuk, John M. Rowley, et al.) The Journal of Organic Chemistry (2011)
- Link A CD1d-Dependent Antagonist Inhibits the Activation of Invariant NKT Cells and Prevents Development of Allergen-Induced Airway Hyperreactivity (Vincent Lombardi, Philippe Stock, Abinav K. Singh, et al.) The Journal of Immunology (2010)
- Interests: Guitar (playing, modding, and building), kayaking, volleyball, reading
- Why Cedarville?: I enjoy the unique culture that allows me to develop relationships with students and have a positive impact on their future.