Paying for Your Program
As you're choosing a study abroad program, be sure to make note of the costs. Most semester-long programs are comparable in costs to a semester on campus, but some may be more expensive. See below for a sample breakdown of billable costs and other expenses to keep in mind.
Students who participate in a CU Study Abroad program will remain enrolled at Cedarville University. For traditional Fall and Spring semester-long programs, current financial aid may apply to the cost of the program. Check with Cedarville University Financial Aid to confirm and to complete your FAFSA paperwork.
Sample Breakdown of Costs
For a typical semester-long program:
- Cedarville Block Tuition (12-17 credits) - $16,182 (2020-21)
- For programs that cost more than block tuition, students will be charged the full cost of the program
- CU Study Abroad Application Fee - $200
- Due after applying
- CU Study Abroad Administrative Fee - $250
- Calculated into tuition billing
- Course fees (if applicable)
Additional costs you might incur include, but are not limited to:
- Specific program deposits
- Travel insurance
- Spending money
In addition to regular financial aid you may be able to apply toward a semester-long study abroad program, you may also research and apply for study abroad scholarships. All students seeking financial aid should complete the donor profile. This will enable Financial Aid to link you with funds that may be available.
- Alumni Spanish Majors Scholarship – The Alumni Spanish Majors Scholarship is for Spanish majors at Cedarville, with preference given to students who have been accepted for a semester or summer study abroad trip.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Need-Based Scholarship – The Benjamin A. Gilman is a scholarship sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State.
- Institute of International Education –The Institute of International Education has a comprehensive resource for study abroad funding.
- Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarship – The Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarship is Cedarville-specific endowed scholarship offered to students who plan to study European or critical languages during their semester of study abroad. Application deadline Sept. 15, 2020.
- The Rhodes Scholarship – The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.