Faculty/Staff - Chapel excuses for Students
Faculty/Staff policies regarding chapel excuses for students:
- Fac/Staff may request for students to miss chapel for academic and athletic obligations, including clinicals, student teaching, internships, athletic participation, field trips, and work.
- Faculty/advisee/student meetings, labs, or tests are not excused chapel absences.
- Academic and athletic obligations during the chapel hour will be excused, but the excuses must be submitted using the Chapel Excuse System in myCU. Either you or your student can submit the excuse in the appropriate myCU link; please let students know if you or they will submit the excuse.
Faculty/Staff procedures regarding chapel excuses for students:
- Please submit your requests using the Chapel Excuse System in myCU. Please note that it is important to submit the excuses no later than five business days after the event or absence. You may also submit your request in advance of an absence.
- To submit a chapel excuse, please use the "Request Chapel Absence for Student" form found in myCU.
- If you are faculty, you can choose an entire class or part of it and then select a single date, dates, or date range, along with certain days of the week or all days of the week. If you are staff, you will be able to enter the student 7-digit ID or the class course and section/s.
For additional assistance, please contact the Chapel Records office at email@example.com.