Mission and Vision
Cedarville University transforms lives through excellent education and intentional discipleship in submission to biblical authority.
For the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ
- Love for God
- Love for Others
- Integrity in Conduct
- Excellence in Effort
The University achieves its mission by accomplishing the following academic objectives or “portrait statements,” which reflect characteristics of a Cedarville University graduate:
- Glorify God – The Cedarville graduate exemplifies devotion to the triune God, Christlike character, and faithfulness to the teachings of the Scriptures.
- Think Broadly and Deeply – The Cedarville graduate evaluates ideas, practices, and theories across disciplines within the framework of God’s revelation.
- Communicate Effectively – The Cedarville graduate listens well, and produces and delivers clear, compelling, accurate, and truthful messages in a relevant, respectful manner.
- Develop Academically and Professionally – The Cedarville graduate demonstrates competence and integrity in academic and professional endeavors.
- Engage for Christ – The Cedarville graduate lives to further the mission of Christ in the world as an active influence in spiritual, moral, professional, and social spheres.