Rebekah Priebe, M.F.A.
Assistant Professor of Theatre
Originally from Kansas, Rebekah Priebe moved to Ohio in 2013 to pursue a Master of Fine Arts degree at The Ohio State University. Throughout her education and work as a freelance designer, she has designed costumes for productions in Kansas, Ohio, and New York. She has also had the opportunity to work in many other areas of theatre, giving her a well-balanced perspective on the industry. She is a member of United States Institute for Theatre Technology.
Education and Credentials
- M.F.A. in Costume Design, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Theatre, Kansas State University
- B.A. in English/Drama, Friends University
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised] (Diane C. Merchant, Robert Clements, Tim Phipps, et al.) Theatre Productions (2017)
Screwtape Rewired (Rebekah Priebe) Art, Design, and Theatre Faculty Creative Activity (2017)
The Music Man (Rebecca M. Baker, Robert Clements, Tim Phipps, et al.) Theatre Productions (2017)
From Napkins to Renderings: The Evolution of a Design (Rebekah Priebe) Graduate Theatre Syndicate Symposium - “A Question of Survival: Adaptation/Abstraction in Performance” (2016)
From University Wits to Rude Mechanicals: The Value of Campus Productions (Rebekah Priebe) Canadian Association for Theatre Research (2015)
- Hobbies: Reading, sewing, crocheting, knitting, thrift shopping, antique shopping
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I am so glad to be at Cedarville because of the welcoming, encouraging environment present every day. It is a blessing to be able to discuss and participate in arts through a Christian worldview and use the arts to spread the Gospel of Christ.