Accreditation, Recognition, and Licensure
Cedarville University is a four-year and graduate degree granting institution chartered by the state of Ohio and authorized by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Athletic Training: The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE). Accreditation applies to the Master of Athletic Training program.
- Business: The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Accreditation applies to all School of Business Administration programs.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Accreditation applies to all undergraduate programs that lead to licensure within the School of Education.
- Cedarville's Teacher Education Program is an accredited member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) with the distinction of Higher Education Accreditation Program (HEAP) approval.
- The B.S. in Computer Science degree program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). The Computer Science with a Specialization in Cyber Operations program is accredited by CAC in Cybersecurity.
- The B.S. in Computer Engineering, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Accreditation will be sought for the new civil engineering major (B.S.C.E.) at the earliest possible date once the first class of civil engineering students graduates.
- Exercise Science: The Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
- Music: Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Nursing: The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Cedarville University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Pharmacy: Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Accreditation applies to Cedarville University's Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Physician Assistant: Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). The Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies has been granted Accreditation-Provisional status by ARC-PA
- Social Work: The Council of Social Work Education (CSWE). Accreditation applies to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work program.
- The Ohio Department of Higher Education, for the education and licensure of teachers.
Certifications and Licensure
Various graduate nursing programs qualify the student to sit for national certifications, though authorizations vary by state. Use our interactive certification and licensure map to view each state's authorization status for M.S.N. specializations and links to its state board of nursing website.