Accreditation, Recognition, and Licensure
Cedarville University is a four-year and graduate degree granting institution chartered by the state of Ohio and certified by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Athletic Training: The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE). Accreditation applies to the Athletic Training program.
- Business: The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Currently all School of Business Administration programs are accredited with the exception of the newly initiated economics majors (both the B.A. and B.S.). The School of Business Administration is pursuing accreditation for these programs as well, but is in the middle of a multiyear process to accomplish this.
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Accreditation applies to all undergraduate programs that lead to licensure within the department of education.*
- Cedarville's Teacher Education Program is an accredited member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) with the distinction of Higher Education Accreditation Program (HEAP) approval.
- The B.S. in Computer Science degree program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org. The Computer Science with a Specialization in Cyber Operations program is accredited by CAC in Cybersecurity.
- The B.S. in Computer Engineering, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- Accreditation will be sought for the new civil engineering major (B.S.C.E.) at the earliest possible date once the first class of civil engineering students graduates.
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Accreditation applies to all music degree programs.
- Nursing: The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Cedarville University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Pharmacy: Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Accreditation applies to Cedarville University's Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Social Work: The Council of Social Work Education (CSWE). Accreditation applies to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work program.
*NCATE has merged with another accrediting agency (TEAC) to form the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). We are currently accredited by NCATE, but will go through re-affirmation with CAEP next cycle.
- The Ohio Department of Higher Education, for the education and licensure of teachers.