Ched Spellman, Ph.D.Lead Developer of Online Bible Programs, Assistant Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies
Dr. Ched Spellman teaches courses in biblical and theological studies. His research interests include theology, biblical hermeneutics, literary studies, and the discipline of biblical theology. The lion’s share of Dr. Spellman’s interest in teaching and scholarship is directed toward grappling with the textual and theological features of the biblical literature within the context of canon. He is also interested in exploring ways to connect the academic study of the Bible to the life of the churches.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University
- Spending time with my wife, son, and two daughters
- Good coffee and good conversation
- Reading fiction
- Playing Blitz Chess
Why I'm at Cedarville: I enjoy working at Cedarville because it is a place that fosters a love for God's Word, a passion for the spread of the Gospel, and the pursuit of academic excellence.
Expert Topic: Biblical Canon