April Crommett, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Exercise Science
Dr. Crommett serves as the program director for the exercise science program in the Department of Kinesiology and Allied Health. She is the director of the exercise physiology laboratory and serves as faculty advisor to the student organization Health And Fitness Association (HAFA). Dr. Crommett is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine and the Christian Society of Kinesiology and Leisure Society. Her interest areas include bariatrics and the relationship between spirituality and health.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, The University of Mississippi
- M.S. in Fitness and Wellness, Memphis State University
- B.S. in Fitness Management, Mississippi State University
- ACE certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM certified Health Fitness Specialist
- AFAA certified Group Exercise Instructor
- Favorite place to visit: any beach, the mountains, and cruising the Caribbean
- Hobbies: cycling on the bike trail, reading murder mysteries, a developing foodie
- Unusual fact: has been to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Why Cedarville: God brought me here to develop patience, trust, and appreciation for a different culture.