Centennial Library Scholarship Award in Library Science
This award has been established by the Centennial Library faculty, through the generosity of a 1997 graduate of Cedarville University, to encourage those who seek careers in library service and also those who will fill the future library faculty ranks of Christian colleges and universities. The cash award will be made directly to the institution in which the recipient is enrolled for graduate study in Library and Information Science. The selection of the award recipient shall be made by a committee of the Centennial Library faculty.
- The award recipient shall have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- The award recipient may be pursuing any undergraduate academic major.
- The award recipient shall be a Cedarville University senior or graduate who has been accepted for enrollment to pursue an advanced (Master's) degree in Library and Information Science OR who will begin said graduate program within two years of graduating from Cedarville University.
Application and Award Procedures
- The applicant must complete the Award Application form including a letter of reference from a Cedarville University faculty member.
- The Award Application form must be submitted to Julie Deardorff, Director of Library Collection Services, by the date specified.
- Applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview with the Library faculty award committee.
- The scholarship award winner will be selected and notified during the Spring semester.
- The award will be presented to the recipient at the annual University Academic Honor's Day Program.
For more information:
Mrs. Julie Deardorff
Director of Library Collection Services