Custodian · Physical Plant Operations
Cedarville University is seeking to hire a Custodian to effectively care for the cleanliness of assigned areas and report maintenance issues needing repair. This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-exempt position that reports to Manager of Custodial Services.
• Vacuum offices, hallways, stairs and classrooms
• Dust bookshelves and other office/ classroom furniture
• Organize lounge and waiting room reading materials
• Clean glass doors, desktops, mirrors and windows
• Remove all trash and recyclables from designated areas
• Mop restrooms and hard floors; unplug clogged toilets and drains as needed
• Make minor repairs or report to maintenance any problems noticed in assigned area
• Clean residence hall restrooms including showers, toilet areas, sinks and countertops
• Set classroom furniture as required
• High School Diploma or GED
• Custodial Services experience preferred
• Ability to think analytically and operate under established procedures and practices
• Ability to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to light chemical substances
• Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted, bending, standing and climbing
• Flexible scheduling ability to include working some weekends
All official inquiries should be directed to Teresa Day,
Director of Staffing Services. Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting last modified 4/20/2017 3:04:21 PM