by Karina Brady, Public Relations Writer
Cedarville University’s School of Pharmacy presented its 2018 end-of-year awards to exemplary pharmacy students.
Marc Sweeney, Pharm.D., dean and professor of pharmacy practice, said, “I am very proud of our Doctor of Pharmacy students. They represent our program very well and are definitely future leaders within the profession, their communities and their churches.”
The award recipients are listed as follows:
Honors Day Chapel Award Recipients:
● The Leslie J. Crump Shila Faye Anderson Oncology Pharmacotherapy Award - Katherine Lee Perry
● Alumni Scholarship Award - Caleb Hoover
● Pre-Pharmacy Award Y1 - Zachariah Byrum
● Pre-Pharmacy Award Y2 - Rachel Wolthoff
● Pre-Pharmacy Award Y3 - Joel Sweeney
● Council of Ohio Colleges of Pharmacy (COCP) Scholarship Award - Jessica Ward
● Roloff Incentive Award for Science - Katelyn Pruim
Reflect and Celebrate Award Recipients:
● Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA) Leadership Award - Belinda Darkwah
● Council of Ohio Colleges of Pharmacy (COCP) Leadership Award - Myriam Shaw Ojeda
● Eli Lilly Achievement Award - Courtney Seekins
● Aerpio Therapeutics Award for Excellence in Pharmaceutical Sciences - Ryan Mayer and Brianne O’Dell
● Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) Preceptor of Distinction - Dennis Callihan
● Academy of Student Pharmacists (ASP) Dean’s Award of Excellence - Katie Miller
● ASP Advisor’s Recognition Award - Deanna Hill
● ASP President’s Choice Award - Nicole Piquette
● Cedarville University Student Society of Health System Pharmacists (CU SSHP) Leadership Award - Sydney Schultz
● CU SSHP Involvement Award - Kjersti Fry
● Pharmacy Leadership Society (PLS) Excellence in Leadership Award - Andrea Adegoke
● PLS Emerging Leader Award - Caleb Hoover
● Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) Perseverance Award - Colin Behm
● CPFI Initiative Award - Joshua Pearson
● CPFI Chaplain Award - Jacob Grasser
● Dayton Area Society of Health-System Pharmacists Award - Jonathan Czyzewski and Nicole Stute
● Fruth Pharmacy Scholarship - Lia Hickinbotham
● Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA) Student Leadership Award - Ankit Pandav
● SNPhA Academic Achievement Award - Riley Larson
● SNPhA Community Service Award - Andrea Adegoke
School of Pharmacy Core Values Recipients:
Recipients of the School of Pharmacy Core Values $10,000 Scholarship are Morgan Bailey, Jessica Ward, Myriam Shaw Ojeda, Martha Morton, Caleb Tang, Jacob Grasser, Luke Mennen, Ankit Pandav and Cora Duran.
Receiving the School of Pharmacy Core Values $7,500 Scholarship are Joshua Pearson, Michell Rapier, Nicholas Rudy and Andrea Adegoke.
Earning the School of Pharmacy Core Values $3,000 Scholarship are Drew Adams, Steven Woodfield, Jamie Huston, Aaron Oliver, Henry Sherman, Jon Czyzewski, Jonathan Bitner, Katie Perry, Sarah Piraino, Vineeta Rao and Megan Leigh.
Lastly, recipients of the School of Pharmacy Core Values $2,000 Scholarship are April Filter, Bethany Anderson, Deanna Hill, Emily Genet, Godfred Atta Effa, Jacob Shaffer, Kristin Tague, Lia Hickinbotham, Meghan Robbins, Nicole Harper, Sarah Berman and Janessa Krueger.
Located in southwest Ohio, Cedarville University is an accredited, Christ-centered, Baptist institution with an enrollment of 3,963 undergraduate, graduate, and online students in more than 150 areas of study. Founded in 1887, Cedarville is recognized nationally for its authentic Christian community, rigorous academic programs, strong graduation and retention rates, accredited professional and health science offerings, and leading student satisfaction ratings. For more information about the University, visit www.cedarville.edu.