Cedarville University is a four-year and graduate degree granting institution chartered by the state of Ohio and certified by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Athletic Training: The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE). Accreditation applies to the Athletic Training program
- Business: The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Accreditation applies to all undergraduate business degree programs. The Master of Business Administration program, having graduated its 3rd cohort in May 2017 is now in candidacy status and is applying for full ACBSP recognition.
- Education: National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Accreditation applies to all undergraduate programs that lead to licensure within the department of education.*
- Computer Engineering: The Computer Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (CAC/ABET). Accreditation applies to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree.
- The Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET). Accreditation applies to the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree, and Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree.
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Accreditation applies to all music degree programs.
- Nursing: The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Accreditation applies for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and all graduate programs.
- Pharmacy: Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Accreditation applies to Cedarville University's Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Social Work: The Council of Social Work Education (CSWE). Accreditation applies to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work program
*NCATE has merged with another accrediting agency (TEAC) to form the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). We are currently accredited by NCATE, but will go through re-affirmation with CAEP next cycle.