Mission and Vision
Cedarville University transforms lives through excellent education and intentional discipleship in submission to biblical authority.
For the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ
Love for God
Love for Others
Integrity in Conduct
Excellence in Effort
The University achieves its mission by accomplishing the following academic objectives or “portrait statements,” which reflect characteristics of a Cedarville University graduate:
- Glorify God – The Cedarville graduate exemplifies devotion to the triune God, Christlike character, and faithfulness to the teachings of the Scriptures.
- Think Broadly and Deeply – The Cedarville graduate evaluates ideas, practices, and theories across disciplines within the framework of God’s revelation.
- Communicate Effectively – The Cedarville graduate listens well, and produces and delivers clear, compelling, accurate, and truthful messages in a relevant, respectful manner.
- Develop Academically and Professionally – The Cedarville graduate demonstrates competence and integrity in academic and professional endeavors.
- Engage for Christ – The Cedarville graduate lives to further the mission of Christ in the world as an active influence in spiritual, moral, professional, and social spheres.