Faye Hodgin, MPAS, PA-CDirector of Clinical Education | Associate Professor of PA Studies
Prof. Faye Hodgin has been a certified physician assistant (PA-C) for more than 26 years and practiced clinically as a PA for 23 years. Her clinical experience was in family practice, pulmonary medicine, and orthopedic surgery. During that time, she was a clinical preceptor for more than 20 PA and nurse practitioner students. She has spent the last 3 1/2 years working in PA education at Trevecca Nazarene University, teaching and advising PA students their clinical year of training as well as participating in the admissions process.
- Ed.D. candidate (2022), Leadership and Professional Practice, Trevecca Nazarene University
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Arizona School of Health Sciences
- B.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Trevecca Nazarene University
- B.S., Sports Medicine, Guilford College
- Physician Assistant Certification, NCCPA
Growth of PA programs, PA student recruitment
- Traveling to Texas to spend time with grandson, working puzzles, reading, and playing board games.
- Why Cedarville? I am excited to continue working in a role that utilizes my passions for the PA profession, PA education, and mentoring to shape future PAs. To be able to serve at Cedarville University, an institution that aligns closely with my faith and values, is an honor. I look forward to working with my program colleagues to create a program culture that emphasizes these values and prepares our students to treat patients competently and compassionately.
*Cedarville University plans to launch a PA (Physician Assistant) graduate program by May 2023.