Caleb BoothAssistant Professor of Studio Art
Prof. Caleb Booth spent most of his formative years in Budapest, Hungary, and Alberta, Canada. After graduating from Union University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2011, he spent two years in Rome, Italy, as an Artist-in-Residence and later as manager of Accendere Gallery. Leaving Italy, he pursued a Master of Fine Arts degree at the New York Academy of Art, which he completed in 2016. He was selected for the Artist-in-Residence program at Byrdcliffe in Woodstock, New York, as well as the recipient of the Artist-in-Residence Teaching award at the West Nottingham Academy. He has shown work in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and China. Caleb is currently an Assistant Professor of Studio Art at Cedarville University.
Education and Credentials
- M.F.A. in Painting, New York Academy of Art
- B.A. in Art, Union University
- Investing in the local church
- Spending time with family
- Why Cedarville: God had closed a number of doors for me while I was living in New York City and with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic I began to pray about where God was leading me. Through a series of events, and the uncanny timing of God, I was offered a position at Cedarville University. Despite how last minute my transition has been, I have thoroughly enjoyed jumping into my new role as Assistant Professor of Studio Art and investing in students at a University that puts Jesus at the center of what they do.