Gregory Couser, PhDSenior Professor of Bible and Greek
Dr. Couser has taught at Cedarville for 23 years. He is primarily involved in training young men and women for ministries in the church and the academy. He has also served on the pastoral staff at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Xenia, Ohio for over twenty years.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in New Testament Biblical Studies,University of Aberdeen (Scotland)
- M.A. in New Testament Biblical Studies, Liberty University Graduate School
- M.Div. in New Testament and Greek, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.S. in Pastoral Studies, Liberty University
- God and Christian Existence in 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, & Titus (Gregory A Couser) Faculty Dissertations (1993)
- The Sovereign Savior (Gregory A Couser) Biblical and Theological Studies Faculty Publications (2010)
- Divergent, Insurgent or Allegiant? 1 Timothy 5:1–2 and the Nature of God’s Household (Gregory A. Couser) Southeastern Theological Review (2016)
- What Makes a Body Somebody? (Gregory A Couser) Torch (2007)
- "The Testimony about the Lord", "Borne by the Lord", or Both? (Gregory A Couser) The Tyndale Bulletin (2004)
Family: He is a thankful husband of Ronna and a proud father of four daughters, all of whom have attended Cedarville University.
Why Cedarville? I love to work with students who are at such a crucial stage of life. What will I own as my beliefs? What matters to me? What will I live for? These crucial decisions and more are all part of the college years. I count it a privilege to be able to point them toward Christ as they wade through these deep waters.