Ronni Kurtz, PhDAssistant Professor of Theology
Dr. Ronni Kurtz joined the faculty at Cedarville University in January 2022. Previously, Dr. Kurtz taught theology at Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College in Kansas City, Missouri, where he also pastored for eight years. He is passionate about helping students contemplate God and all things in relation to God to maximize God’s glory, their joy, and the good of their neighbors. Dr. Kurtz currently teaches courses in theology, and his academic publications largely focus on theology proper, trinitarianism, soteriology, and divine action.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Systematic Theology, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Th.M. in Pedagogy, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A. in Biblical Studies, Southwest Baptist University
- No Shadow of Turning: Divine Immutability and the Economy of Redemption (Christian Focus Publishers, 2022).
- Fruitful Theology: How the Life of the Mind Leads to the Life of the Soul (B&H Publishers, 2022).
- The Doctrine of Creation (B&H Academic, forthcoming)
- Ontic Assurance: The Soteriological Significance of Christological Impeccability (Midwestern Journal of Theology, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2021)
- One with the Head, One with the Body: Ecclesial Implications of Union with Christ for Membership, Baptism, and Communion (Perichoresis, 2022)
- I have a deep love for good books and good coffee. Outside of theology, I particular enjoy reading novels and poetry. I also love supporting all things St. Louis Sports.
- Why Cedarville?: Some of the reasons I enjoy teaching theology at a place like Cedarville University are the commitment to a strong residential education and a strong curriculum. Every student at Cedarville takes Theology 1 & 2 as part of the Bible minor, which gives me the opportunity to show students why theology is beautiful and how it might transform their day-to-day lives. Walking with students through the deep joy that is Christian theology is an honor of a lifetime.