Jeremy Oliver, MDivAssistant Professor of Applied Theology
Prof. Jeremy Oliver came to Cedarville in 2022. Prior to this, God gave him opportunities to serve in various educational and ministry settings. This has included serving in pastoral ministry for over a decade, serving as a Visiting Professor and Adjunct Professor, and serving as a Spiritual Life Director and Bible Department Head for a Christian preparatory school. In pastoral ministry, he helped develop a church culture of discipleship and care, oversaw biblical counseling, and served as part of a preaching team. Jeremy also serves as a consultant with Soul Care Consulting, helping churches grow in developing a culture of soul care, and is certified in biblical counseling through ACBC.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Biblical Studies, concentrated in Biblical Counseling, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (in progress)
- M.Div., Faith Bible Seminary
- M.A.L.S. concentrated in History, Valparaiso University
- B.A. in History, Indiana University
- An Evaluation of Garrett Highbee's Theological Foundation for 'Counseling in Community' Methodology" in The Journal of Biblical Soul Care (Forthcoming, Fall 2022)
- History of the Care of Souls
- Biblical Counseling
- Reading history and biographies
- Spending time with family
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Why Cedarville?: I appreciated Cedarville's commitment to teaching and living out the Scriptures, equipping students for whatever call God may have for their lives.