Brandon Smith, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Theology and New Testament
Dr. Brandon Smith joined the faculty at Cedarville University in fall 2019 after spending the previous four years helping lead the Christian Standard Bible translation and as an elder at a church in the Nashville area. He also helped found the Center for Baptist Renewal and hosts the Church Grammar podcast. His research interests include the Trinity, canonical and theological interpretation, biblical theology, and early church theology (especially AD 100-400).
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Theology and New Testament, Ridley College (Melbourne)
- M.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies, Criswell College
- B.A. in Biblical Studies, Dallas Baptist University
- "The Development of Trinitarian Language in the Early Church," Criswell Theological Review 16/2 (2019)
- "What Christ Does, God Does: Surveying Recent Scholarship on Christological Monotheism," Currents in Biblical Research 17/2 (2019)
- They Spoke of Me: How Jesus Unlocks the Old Testament, Rainer (2018)
- "The Identification of Jesus with YHWH in the Book of Revelation: A Brief Sketch," Criswell Theological Review 14/1 (2016)
- Rooted: Theology for Growing Christians, Rainer (2016)
- Hanging out with family, exercising, reading, and paying way too much attention to the NFL and NBA.
- Why Cedarville?: What excites me most about teaching at Cedarville is the ability to help shape the next generation of Christian leaders in an environment that emphasizes the importance of Scripture for shaping minds and hearts.