The Second Pitch
Do you have an innovative idea that could be the seed for a new business endeavor? Present your idea to The Pitch, an opportunity to compete against other would-be entrepreneurs for prizes and a chance to turn your idea into a real business.
The Second Pitch - Saturday, January 11, 2020, from 6–8 p.m, in the DeVries Theatre
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of questions from the judges. Your pitch can illustrate an unproven business idea or a new startup that is already capturing revenue. Contestants must present a problem, value proposition,
target market/s, and revenue/business model. Templates and other resources can be accessed below.
You may recruit co-founder/s and teams to assist in your pitch considering you split any winnings. The first place pitch receives $1,000. Both second and third place receives $500. There will be frequent audience drawings for prizes, including a pair of Apple Airpods, so be sure to invite your cheer squad along.
We will hold a preliminary/elimination round on Friday, January 10, 2020, in ENS 245 beginning at 4 p.m.
The Second Pitch (Beyond Startup Accelerator)
Student entrepreneurs present their business startup ideas to a panel of potential investors as part of the Beyond Startup Accelerator's Second Pitch event.
Include these Essentials in your Pitch Deck:
- Title: Provide company name, your name and title, address, email, etc
- Problem/Opportunity: Describe the 'pain point' in your industry you want to alleviate. Be sure to include an infographic or diagram that expresses this.
- Value Proposition: Explain the value of the pain you are alleviating (or pleasure provided)
- Underlying Magic: Describe the technology or 'secret sauce' behind your product. This generally includes diagrams or infographics.
- Business Model: Explain who your customer is and how you plan to get the money out of their pocket.