Dan Sterkenburg, DBAAssociate Professor of International Business
Professor Sterkenburg joined the faculty of Cedarville University in 2010 following a 25-year career in business. He worked for The Reynolds and Reynolds Company as a financial analyst, Finance Director, and eventually a Senior Director. In that role, he was responsible for the financial and administration team for Europe, and later Asia, as the company expanded. He has also been a CPA with Deloitte & Touche, a CFO, Vice President of Finance, and IT Manager in various small businesses. Prior to coming to Cedarville full time, he taught high school science and math for six years and was an adjunct professor at Cedarville for three years.
Education and Credentials
- D.B.A., Anderson University
- M.B.A. in Accounting and Finance, Wright State University
- M.P.H. in Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- B.S. in Biology Secondary Education, Calvin College
- Chemical and Anode Manufacturing Company (Daniel R. Sterkenburg) Business as Mission In and From China: BAM Think Tank China Regional Group Report (2014)
- Corporation with Eight Strategic Business Units (Daniel R. Sterkenburg) Business as Mission In and From China: BAM Think Tank China Regional Group Report (2014)
- Business as Mission In and From China: BAM Think Tank China Regional Group Report (Tony Yeung, Linda Ching, Michael Lam, et al.) 2014 Author Recognition Bibliography (2014)
- Improving Cultural Awareness in Global Business Courses Using Food Samples: A Classroom Interactive Learning Experience (Daniel R. Sterkenburg) Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference at Olivet Nazarene University (2013)
- How Fuyao Could Play a Role in Global Affairs in 2017 (Daniel R. Sterkenburg) Business Administration Faculty Contributions to the Popular Press (2016)
- Favorite Places to Visit: La Coudre – Céligny, Switzerland; Villa Maria – Minore, Italy
- Hobbies: Cycling, foreign travel, reading
- Why Cedarville: God has directed my steps – Proverbs 20:24.