Alan Geist, PhDAssociate Professor of Sport Business Management
Dr. Alan Geist returned to the classroom in the School of Business Administration after serving as the University's Athletic Director for 13 years. During his tenure as AD, he led Cedarville's transition to NCAA Division II and was part of the leadership team that formed the Great-Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC). Over the course of his career, he has also been a high school Athletic Director and principal and has taught at both the high school and collegiate level.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Sport Management: The Ohio State University
- M.S. in Sport Management: United States Sports Academy
- B.A. in English Education: Cedarville College
- Geist, A.L. (2014). Understanding the Followership Dynamic. Athletics Administration, 49 (7), 32.
- Jordan, J. S., Greenwell, T. C., Geist, A. L., Pastore, D. L., & Mahony, D. F. (2004). Coaches’ Perceptions of Conference Code of Ethics. Physical Educator, 61 (3), 131-145.
- Geist, A.L., and Pastore, D.L. (2002). Leadership in NCAA Division II Athletic Directors. Athletics Administration, 37 (2), 10-13.
- Greenwell, T.C., Geist, A.L., Mahony, D.F., Jordan, J.S., and Pastore, D.L. (2001). Characteristics of NCAA Conference Codes of Ethics. International Journal of Sport Management, 2 (2), 108-124.
- Turner, B. A. & Geist, A. L. (1999). An exploratory investigation into future coaches’ perceptions toward gambling. Future Focus – The Journal of the Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 20 (2), 20-25.
- Working out, reading, spending time with my family, OSU and Pittsburgh Steelers football
- Why Cedarville?: My family and I are here because God has directed us here and has instilled in us a passion for serving Him at Cedarville University.