Jay Kinsinger, M.S.Associate Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
Before coming to Cedarville, Professor Kinsinger was a Research Engineer for Willow Wood Company, where he was responsible for the design and manufacturing of lower extremity prosthetic components. He was awarded three patents and honored as Innovator of the Year. Professor Kinsinger specializes in applied engineering including computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, and materials processing. He has a great passion for mentoring students as he advises award-winning design competitions and capstone senior design projects. Professor Kinsinger remains active in the biomedical engineering field serving as an advisor for certified orthotists and prosthetists education.
Education and Credentials
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Wright State University
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, University of Dayton
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology, University of Dayton
- A.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Sinclair Community College
- The Wooden Bicycle: Around the World (Jay H. Kinsinger) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Publications (2017)
- Formula SAE Rules (Jay H. Kinsinger) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Publications (2011)
- Falls of Amputees: A Case for Ankle Articulation Prosthesis (Timothy L. Norman, Jay H. Kinsinger and J. Brandt) Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics (2006)
- Interactive Safety Training (Jay H. Kinsinger) Proceedings of the 2005 ASEE North Central Conference (2005)
- Knee Mechanism for an Artificial Limb (Jay H. Kinsinger) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Patents (2004) Prothesis Mounting Adapter and Method (Jay H. Kinsinger) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Patents (1996)
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- Favorite places to visit: New Zealand; Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada
- Hobbies: bicycling, woodworking, wooden bicycle building (sojournercyclery.com), paddling, backpacking, fly fishing.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: Cedarville University equips students to be excellent in their profession and more importantly to be excellent in their character. It is an honor to be a part of that process.