Centennial Library Scholarship Award in Library Science
The Centennial Library scholarship encourages the next generation of Christian librarians by providing tuition support for a library graduate degree. The Centennial Library faculty used a generous gift from a 1997 Cedarville University alumnus to establish the scholarship in 1998. Students may apply during their senior year and for two years after graduation. The award is made directly to the graduate school in which the recipient is enrolled.
Application and Award Process
- To apply, prospective applicants must complete an application form, submit a short essay, and provide a letter of reference from a Cedarville University faculty member.
- Applications are normally accepted in January and February and the scholarship recipient is selected in March.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and must begin an MLIS program within 2 years of graduation. Students from all majors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be asked to participate in an interview with the library faculty scholarship committee.
- The award will be presented to the recipient at the University’s annual Academic Honor's Day chapel.
For additional information, please contact:Josh Michael, MLIS
Dean of Library Service