Jeff Gates, MLSInformation Services Librarian; Asst. Professor of Library Science
BiographyJeff Gates served as an Assistant Pastor in Kearney, Nebraska, for eight years. After receiving his M.L.S. from Kent State University, he served as Head Librarian at Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary for 10 years. He returned to his home state of Ohio in 2007 to begin working at Cedarville in the Centennial Library. He serves as liaison librarian to students and faculty of the School of Biblical and Theological Studies and specializes in copyright and e-reserves.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Library Science, Kent State University
- M.A. in Biblical Studies, Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.S. in Theology, Baptist Bible College
- Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom: A Biblical Model of Information Literacy. In The Faithful Librarian: Essays on Christianity in the Profession. Edited by Garrett Trott, 103-122. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co., 2019.
- The Y-Factor: Why Do Research? The Christian Librarian 64, no. 2 (2021): 69 - 70.
- The Y-Factor: What Others Do Not Do. The Christian Librarian 63, no. 11 (2020): 6 - 7.
- The Y-Factor: Christian Librarians or Librarian Christians? The Christian Librarian 62, no. 1 (2019): 8 - 10.
- Self-Care: A Christian Perspective. Evangelical Review of Theology 39, no. 1 (2015): 4 - 17.
- Leading discussions about God, self-care, and finding credible and relevant information
- Singing in my church choir
- Listening to Celtic music
- Watching the Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits, and science fiction movies
- Why Cedarville?: More than anything I enjoy learning and helping others to learn. At Cedarville University, I get to do that by helping faculty members and students find resources for their courses and assignments and working in a conservative Christian environment.