Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Amy Hutchison, M.M.Private Lesson Instructor
Providing quality piano/keyboard instruction that educates, motivates, and guides students to discover their potential as a creative musician in today's society to the glory of God has been the goal in the piano studio of Amy Hutchison for several decades. Contemporary piano as well as traditional piano/keyboard lessons have been a focus in her music making studio. This is enhanced by Amy's involvement with musical worship in contemporary and traditional churches as well as regional conferences, retreats, seminars. The philosophy behind the teaching is the joy of learning to make music through one’s own interpretation as a form of expression that can enrich everyone’s lives as well as the lives of those around them. Amy also enjoys accompanying and collaborating with other artists and bands in worship contexts. Worshipping as a servant of God using keyboard/piano skills in spirit and truth brings great joy!
Education and Credentials
M.A. Piano Pedagogy, The Ohio State University
B.M. Piano Performance, Grand Rapids Baptist College (Cornerstone University)
- Travel favorites with more to explore: internationally and within U.S.; Lake Michigan beaches, the City, the Mountains, Asia, Vienna, the mountains out west
- Riding in with my husband, Hutch, in our Miata on a beautiful day
- Being a mom of three adult children and Grammy to their children!
- Gardening and flowers
- Playing and creating at the keyboard/piano (of course!).
- Walking my dog, Shadow, and kitty, Mia.
- Helping others make beautiful music - love my students!
- Why Cedarville? Teaching at Cedarville University is a fulfilling endeavor as it provides a place where academic standards are high, a 'God-ward' worldview is integrated into all areas of study, and students have a desire to live their lives and hone their gifts to serve Him for a lifetime. This adds a deeper level of interaction and goal setting for each student that, as their professor, I can journey alongside them helping them learn and advance their gifts, especially in the areas of music and worship.