Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Carlos Elias, M.M.Professor of Music; Director of University Orchestra
Carlos Elias has performed in solo recitals and in orchestras in the United States, El Salvador, Argentina, Bulgaria, Japan, and Korea, and represented El Salvador at the World Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Lorin Maazel. He has participated in several music festivals, such as Congress of Strings, Aspen Music Festival (CO), Sarasota Music Festival (FL), Casals Festival (Puerto Rico), Affinis Music Festival (Japan), Western Slope Music Festival (CO), Corsi Internazionali di Musica (Italy), Raphael Trio Chamber Music Workshop (VT), and Music in the Mountains (CO). Before joining Cedarville in August 2013 he was the Director of Strings and Orchestra at Colorado Mesa University. In addition, he was Concertmaster of the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra and Artistic Director and Conductor of the Symphony in the Valley in Glenwood Springs (CO). He and his wife, pianist Andrea Arese-Elias, gave their New York debut at Weill Hall in Carnegie Hall in 2002. Their recently released CD “Let’s Tango” was named “Best of the Best” in the International category on eMusic in the US and the United Kingdom. He is currently the Violin Professor and Conductor of the Symphony Orchestra at Cedarville University.
Education and Credentials
- B.M. in violin performance, Biola University
- M.M., University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music
- Artist Diploma, Duquesne University
- Roundelay Piano Trio (Andrea Arese-Elias, Carlos Elias and Kristen Yeon-Ji Yun) Faculty Recitals (2017)
- Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra Chamber Music Series (Carlos Elias, Andrea Arese-Elías and Kristen Yeon-Ji Yun) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2017)
- A Little Noon Music Series (Carlos Elias, Kristen Yeon-Ji Yun and Andrea Arese-Elías) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2017)
- Tango Music for Violin and Piano (Carlos Elias) Ohio Music Education Association (2018)
- The Music Man (Rebecca M. Baker, Robert Clements, Tim Phipps, et al.) Theatre Productions (2017)
- Favorite places to visit: Argentina, Italy and Spain
- Interests: Spending time with family, Officiating Soccer and Watching movies