Brenda Miller, M.S.N., N.P.D.-B.C., R.N.Assistant Professor of Nursing
Professor Brenda Miller serves as Associate Professor of Nursing and has been with Cedarville since 2021. She teaches nursing foundations for freshmen and sophomore students. She participates in committee work within the School of Nursing. Prior to coming to Cedarville, Brenda worked as a Registered Nurse with Premier Health for 33 years in various roles in direct patient care and as an educator and manager. She worked in the following departments: Renal unit, Mother-Baby, Antepartum, Infection Prevention, Staff Coordinator for Education, Clinical Educator and Manager of Education. She also did adjunct for Kettering Medical College and CTC LPN program.
Education and Credentials:
- M.S.N. in Nursing Education, Indiana Wesleyan
- NPD-BC - Certification in Nursing Professional Development
- B.S.N. in Nursing, Wright State University
- Poster presentation – Shifting Your Competency Method: An example of implementing Donna Wright at National ANPD (formerly NNSDO) Convention, Boston, MA, 2012
- Poster presentation – Nursing Morale and Its Effects on Retention at the regional Greater Dayton Area Research Symposium
- Brenda is married and has one son. She enjoys spending time with her family and traveling, especially if there is a beach involved. Her hobbies are reading, knitting, gardening, and sewing.
- Why Cedarville?: I chose Cedarville because of their commitment to living biblical lives and developing their students as missionaries regardless of the field of study. I enjoy working with the nursing students and seeing them flourish as they step into this profession.