Lisa Smithers, M.S.N., R.N., C.N.M.Assistant Professor of Nursing
Professor Lisa Smithers is a certified nurse midwife, currently practicing part time Union county, Ohio, serving women and families through pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. She has practiced as a CNM for several years. Prior to joining the faculty at Cedarville in 2016, she taught obstetrics nursing care in the classroom and clinical settings at Wright State University.
Education and Credentials
- M.S.N. in Nurse-Midwifery, The Ohio State University
- B.S.N., Wright State University
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Wright State University
- Family camp at Gull Lake Ministries
- Anything that allows me to spend time with my husband and kids and their families
- Why I'm at Cedarville: It has always been my desire to work in Christian higher education, where I can incorporate my faith not only into my clinical practice, but where it is expected that I help students in doing this as well. Encouraging the next generation of nurses in how to care for patients in a holistic manner, incorporating not only general nursing principles of care, but also focusing on the spiritual aspect of patients is exciting.