Megan RabeAssistant Professor of Mathematics
Dr. Megan Rabe joined the Department of Science and Mathematics in 2022. Her graduate research was on eigenvalue multiplicities of the Hodge Laplacian, and she continues to enjoy exploring topics from spectral theory, partial differential equations, and geometric analysis.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Kentucky
- M.A. in Mathematics, University of Kentucky
- B.S. in Mathematics, Cedarville University
- Gier, M.E. & Hislop, P.D.: The Multiplicity of Eigenvalues of the Hodge Laplacian on 5-Dimensional Compact Manifolds. J Geom Anal (2016) 26: 3176. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12220-015-9666-7
- Gier, Megan E., "Eigenvalue Multiplicities of the Hodge Laplacian on Coexact 2-Forms for Generic Metrics on 5-Manifolds" (2014). Theses and Dissertations--Mathematics. 14. https://uknowledge.uky.edu/math\_etds/14
- Reading classic literature
- Playing board games
- Spending time with her husband and children
As a student at Cedarville University, I was blessed by professors and mentors who modeled love for Christ, a commitment to excellence, and servant-hearted leadership. It’s a joy to be back on campus, now as a faculty member, to encourage a new generation of students to pursue Jesus and get excited about math.