One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville
Diverse group of students stands among fall leaves

Important Housing Information

  • Cedarville University requires all unmarried students under 23, taking seven or more credit hours and not living with their parents, to live in the residence halls. Students who want to live off campus must complete an off-campus application through the residential services website.
  • Personal Property: Cedarville is not responsible for theft or damage that occurs to your personal property while living in University-owned housing. Students who are not covered by their parents' homeowner's insurance should consider purchasing renter's insurance.
  • Meal Plan: All students living in the residence halls are required to carry a meal plan. Information regarding meal plan options will be outlined in the financial planning mailing you will receive in April.
  • Residence Hall Closings: The residence halls remain open for all breaks except Christmas. There is limited food service available during fall and Easter breaks. However, the dining hall is closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring breaks.
  • Any student with a disability who requires special housing arrangements should contact disability services to complete the necessary paperwork at least four months before enrolling at Cedarville, in order for housing accommodations to be considered.
  • Housing assignments are made by the residence life deans based on availability in our residence halls. Any housing or roommate requests should be made to the appropriate dean: Brad Smith, Dean of  Men; Charlotte Burcham, Dean of Women.
  • Housing Changes: Any changes to a housing request must be made with the student life deans. Once housing assignments are made, opportunities for change are limited and may not be possible.