New Student Frequently Asked Questions - Fall 2022
When should I arrive?
We encourage all new students to arrive Friday, August 19, 2022, between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Upon arrival, you and your family should use the main entrance leading to the drive-thru line on University Boulevard which allows you to pick up your ID and dorm key in a prepackaged envelope.
We encourage all returning students to arrive Saturday, August 20, 2022, between 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. See "Returning Yellow Jacket Arrival" for more detailed information about arrival.
Where do I go after I move in?
You can find the large parking lots in the back of campus in the direction of the sports fields. Following the flow of traffic will likely help you find these parking lots!
Where do I find the schedule?
The schedule can be found in the Getting Started app by clicking on “Schedule” as well as on the Getting Started Schedule webpage!
What should I pack?
This packing list includes personal essential & non-essential items as well as items shared between roommates. Check out pages 8-11 of the Residence Hall Guidelines to find specific room regulations.
What is a STING group?
Sting groups are made up of 10-11 new students and a few upperclassmen. These upperclassmen are the Sting Leaders who will lead your group through Getting Started Weekend. The purpose of these groups is to provide opportunities for community and connections, as well as fostering conversations for new students to learn more about Cedarville.
Find out your STING group by going to the "Find Your STING Group" section located on the app!
How do I submit a photo for my Cedarville ID?
Go to the ID Portal to upload a photo for your student ID by July 15, 2022.
How do I connect to WiFi?
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app > Tap [Wi-Fi] > Tap [eduroam].
- When prompted, enter your full @cedarville.edu email address as the username, and your CedarNet password > Tap [Join].
- When the certificate warning appears, tap [Accept]. You should now be connected to eduroam.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device, and make sure the switch next to [Wi-Fi] is set to [On].
- Tap [Wi-Fi], and wait for available networks to be discovered. Tap [eduroam] to start connecting to the network.
- Your device should automatically detect the following network settings:
○ Security: 802.1x EAP
○ EAP Method: PEAP
○ Phase 2 Authentication: None
○ CA certificate: (unspecified) *Some devices may require choosing the option "do not validate."
- Enter your full @cedarville.edu email address in the "Identity" field. Leave the "Anonymous Identity" field blank.
- Enter your CedarNet password in the "Password" field.Tap [Connect]. Your device should return to the wireless network list and show that it has successfully connected to eduroam.
Can guests connect to WiFi?
If you are a guest of Cedarville University, we want to welcome and encourage you to use the technology on campus, especially CU's wireless network.
- Connect to cu-guest: This option is available to anyone on Cedarville's campus but is not secured. With this option, users will have to reconnect approximately every 40 minutes.
How do I register my vehicle?
In order to be able to keep your car on campus, you need to fill out a request form for a parking permit.
What are my dining options?
Your options include the Dining Hall, Stinger’s, Chick-fil-A, Tossed, and Grab + Go. Learn more about meal plans or find a list of local restaurants.
When does the dining hall open?
The first contract meal begins at 4pm on Friday, August 19, 2022.
Can I be picked up from the airport?
Our staff is here to serve you! We are able to pick up students from the airport and you can register here to make sure that you will be picked up.
How long can parents stay?
Where do I go if I have other questions?
You can text our Information staff at +1 (937) 697-1056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org