Pastor Recommendation Scholarship
What is the Pastor Recommendation Scholarship?
The Pastor Recommendation Scholarship (PRS) is a university funded scholarship designed to strengthen ties between Cedarville University and gospel preaching pastors and churches. The scholarship is intended to encourage students who wish to pursue a Christ-centered education at Cedarville. The scholarship requires a pastor’s recommendation but is university selected and awarded. The following section is for Pastors only:
- Pastor, your submission indicates that the student meets the following criteria:
- Is a regular attender of your church (regular attendance is defined by the church).
- Is in good standing at your church (good standing is defined by the church).
- Is someone whose goals and aspirations align with the educational mission of Cedarville University (determined by a student’s acceptance to the university).
- Will be a new student who will enroll as a full-time undergraduate starting with the fall or spring term of a given year. Note: summer school, Dual Enrollment, tuition remission, and graduate students are not eligible for the PRS.
- Pastors must be employed by a gospel-centered church as a teaching pastor or elder of that church. Staff pastors are an acceptable option if employed by the church. By requesting a PRS form, the pastor confirms that the student meets criteria outlined in section 1. a. and b.
- Recommend a student for the Pastor Recommendation Scholarship (PRS) by completing the recommendation form.
This $1000 tuition scholarship will be awarded over two consecutive semesters, $500 applied to first semester and $500 awarded for second semester. The PRS is a one-time scholarship and not renewable.
After the certificate is submitted, the student will read the terms and conditions, acknowledge and accept the terms, and submit for an award. Certificates submitted electronically must be completed before classes begin for either the fall or spring terms. Certificates that are mailed (paper copy only) must be postmarked before August 1 for the fall term and January 1 for the spring term. Please contact Church Relations if you have any questions.