by Clem Boyd, Communication Content Manager
Chapel has been an important feature of Cedarville University campus life since the school’s founding in 1887. Alumni and current students often talk about taking certain chapel messages and experiences with them for the rest of their lives.
Now, they can also have chapel with them on their smartphones.
The new CU Chapel+ App is now available to iPhone users in Apple’s app store and to Android users in the Google Play store. The app is also available on Apple TV.
According to Janice Supplee, Ph.D., vice president for marketing and communication, users will be able to access current and past chapel services, plus other on-demand video.
Chapel has long been called the heartbeat of Cedarville University, and now that signature experience is available to users anywhere, any time.
“They can receive notifications when chapel is live, and they’ll be able to listen to the livestream,” she said. “They’ll also be able to access the Cedarville University chapel archive. We also plan to stream other live events via the app, such as conferences, major concerts, and Cedarville’s annual commencement.”
CU Chapel+ App will allow users to:
● Watch chapel via livestream and video on demand
● View list of upcoming chapels
● Watch recent chapel services
● Browse popular chapel services
● Save interesting chapels in “My List” for viewing later
● Search chapels based on speaker, topics, or books of the Bible
● Receive notifications about new live and video on-demand chapels
● Set alerts for upcoming chapels
● Explore chapels similar to the one currently selected
● Share meaningful chapels with others easily
To learn more, visit cedarville.edu/cuchapelplus.
Located in southwest Ohio, Cedarville University is an accredited, Christ-centered, Baptist institution with an enrollment of 4,193 undergraduate, graduate and online students in more than 150 areas of study. Founded in 1887, Cedarville is recognized nationally for its authentic Christian community, rigorous academic programs, strong graduation and retention rates, accredited professional and health science offerings and high student engagement ranking. For more information about the University, visit www.cedarville.edu.