The following resources are available to you to help you with your academic journey.
Semester at a Glance
Semester-at-a-Glance is a helpful tool that allows you to combine syllabi from all of your classes into one very useful calendar, helping you stay organized and on top of your coursework.
The Graduate Advantage
Determining and Managing Life Priorities
Kim Ahlgrim, Director of The Cove, and Jeff Reep, Director of Career Services, discuss how to set and manage your priorities.
Balancing Life: Academics, Family, Work, and Life
Kim Ahlgrim, Director of The Cove, and Josh Krieg, Director of Counseling Services, discuss balancing life.
- Assignment Scheduler (U of MN)
- Course Tracking Form [pdf]
- Weekly Study Log [pdf]
- A Week in the ’Ville (one page) [pdf]
- Strength Quest: Take this online test for $19.99 and The Cove will review the results with you.
- Setting Goals: 4 Tips
- Learning Style: Take self-assessments to help you better understand how you learn best. Choose Index of Learning Styles or The VARK Questionnaire.
- Ted Talk: Your IQ Is Not the Biggest Predictor of Success
- Using Self-Help Techniques for Dealing with Stress
- 8 Tips to Stay Motivated in College
- 12 Tips on Staying Inspired
- Over Fifty Problem Solving Strategies Explained
- Improve Your Concentration: Achieving Focus Amid Distractions
- Study Tips for the Online Student
- Lecture Note Talking
- How to Take Notes in Class
- Ultimate Guide to Note Taking in Class
- Sketch Notes: even for the non-artist
- Sketch Notes @THECOVE
- Reading Strategies
- 8 Tips to Remember What You Read
- Tips For Reading Difficult or Challenging Material
- Reading Difficult Material II