- To identify factors contributing to incidents or accidents.
- To provide a means to review and analyze recurring problems and determine their implications.
- To provide a means to identify necessary procedural changes that will eliminate or reduce potentially injurious conditions.
- To provide a means to evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to improve occupational safety and health.
- To help insure personal safety and reduce the potential for liability by providing an accurate system for reporting and
analyzing all incidents.