Recreation Center Entrance Policies
- Rec Center Waiver [Online]
- Contact Us
- Climbing Wall WebCam
- Facilities Request Form
- General Facility Policies
- Rec Center Entrance
- Age Restrictions
- Climbing Wall
- Doden Field House
- Dress Policies
- Exercise Studio
- Fitness Center
- Free Weight Room
- Stranahan Gymnasium
- All Rec Center users must report to the middle of the control desk and present proper ID.
- Current students, faculty and staff members should scan their current CU ID card at the front desk and keep their card with them.
- Spouses and children of Fac/Staff members living at home who have not yet graduated from high school must present and leave their current Family ID card (obtained from the Campus Security Office) in the wooden tray up at the front desk.
- Occasional guests of students, faculty or staff members will be charged a $2 per day fee and must check in with the University Family member and remain with them during their visit.
- Current athletes during a scheduled team practice will not need to scan in if they are in their practice uniform and with their team. Current athletes must scan like every other student outside of team practices or workouts.
- ROTC cadets who are part of a scheduled PT will not need to scan in if they are in their ROTC attire.
- Students who are part of a Physical Education activity class will not need to scan their ID cards for their activity class. Outside of class these students will need to bring and scan their ID cards.
- Everyone else must present or purchase a valid Rec Center pass for entrance. These card holders should leave their passes up at the front desk in the wooden tray in exchange for a towel if they plan to use the fitness center .
- Membership Categories
- Category A - Free Passes
- Current students, faculty and staff members.
- CU Family Pass: spouse and children of students or fac/staff members living at home who have not yet graduated from high school (obtained from the Campus Security Office).
- Recent Graduate: Anyone who has graduated within the last two years. This does not include their spouse or other family members. Family members would be able to purchase an Alumni Family Pass.
- VIP passes: generally given to higher level donors and friends of the President.
- Prospective students: Passes that are obtained from the Admissions Office during a campus visit.
- Courtesy card given out by the director only
- Pioneer staff: Full time Pioneer staff working at CU. Does not include family members.
- Retired faculty and staff members who are at least 65 years of age with at least 10 years of service. This applies also to their spouse.
- Current student family (parents and siblings living at home)
- Category B - Discounted Passes without time limitations: College Now Students
- Category C - Discounted Passes with Time limitations during school year M-F
- Alumni (after two years) and members of their immediate family - Alumni spouse and children living at home under the age of 18 (children under 13 are free but children 13-17 must purchase their own pass).
- Former Student and members of their immediate family- anyone who has taken classes at CU but did not graduate from CU along with their spouse and children living at home under the age of 18 (children under 13 are free but children 13-17 must purchase their own pass).
- Former Faculty or Staff member and each member of their immediate family - someone who has worked at CU in the past, but for less than ten years (and under 65 years of age). This applies to their spouse and each child living at home under the age of 18 (children under 13 are free but children 13-17 must purchase their own pass).
- Guests of a current student, faculty, or staff member (or their spouses) - This is not meant for community members to regularly gain access to our facility free of charge (limited to four one week passes per year).
- Local Pastors & Missionaries
- Cedarville Firefighters and Police
- All Seniors (65+): Including Sr. Jacket Members
- Category D - Time limitations during school year Monday-Friday
- Community - community members and those who do not fit one of the categories above who are at least 18 years of age. Community - community members and those who do not fit one of the categories above who are at least 18 years of age.
Current Student - Faculty/Staff – CU Family – Recent Graduate (2 years) – Prospective Student (short term) – Pioneer Staff – F/S Retiree – Current Student Family
B High School students who are currently taking classes through the College Now Program may purchase Rec Center membership passes for $25 each semester they are in the program. This amount does not extend to family members.
$2.00 N/A N/A
Alumni (past two years) – Former Students (and their families) – Former CU Faculty or Staff Members (and their families) – Guest – Local Police & Fire Fighters Seniors (65 and above) – Local Pastors & Missionaries
Community (all others)
- Application and Waiver Forms: Everyone except current University students, faculty and staff members must complete a membership application form and a waiver form before membership can be issued. A parent must sign a waiver form for any minor entering and using our facilities.
- Category A - Free Passes